I had a wreck – how do I get the police report?

This week’s question we get quite often – How do I get the Police Report of my accident?

When you are involved in an accident, exchange names, phone numbers and insurance information with the other driver.   We recommend taking a quick photo of the other driver’s license and insurance card.  Also take pictures of the accident site and damage to all cars.  Whenever possible it is best to get the Police involved, as their investigation could settle any dispute about which driver is at fault.   The Police also collect information about each driver’s insurance which will be on the report.   If the accident was not your fault  you will want to file a claim on the at fault driver’s insurance.  So it’s good to not have to wait for the report to get the claim process started.

So… how do you get this report?  The officer working the wreck will give you the report number.  You will need to call the Police Department to ask about their policy to give you the report and how long before it will be available.

If the accident was in Tulsa, call (918)596-9286 – the report can take 48-72 hours to be available, there is a charge and it will need to be picked up downtown at 600 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK 74103 8-4 Mon-Thurs, 8-noon Friday.

Broken Arrow’s phone # is 918-451-8302, pick up at 1101 N 6th St, BA, Monday-Friday 10am – 2pm or they have an online option at www.buycrash.com after three days for $8.50.  Other areas call us and we will help you figure it out.

Agency Owner - Sansone Insurance Agency - Your Farmers Agent in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area - Cell|(918)519-9841 Office|(918)615-9746

Posted in Auto Insurance, Questions This Week Tagged with: ,